This is the season when you want to look your best. From family gatherings to company holiday parties, the months of November and December are a time when you want to feel confident about how you look and how you feel. As long days at the office and busy social schedules fill our calendars at the end of the year, many of us also look toward caffeine to give us the energy to get through these hectic days, weeks, and months. That caffeine, although it gives us energy, can detract from the great smile that we need to help us look our very best. Fortunately, dentists offer tooth whitening services to combat the dental stains that can keep you from looking your best.
From tooth whitening services to porcelain veneers, there are many services that are offered by dentists across the nation. From pain free dentistry to pediatric dentistry, today’s dental professionals also offer services for those who are not yet confident about sitting in a dentist’s office. Consider some of these facts and figures about the dental industry, the services that the offer their patients, and the impact these services have on the nation’s economy:
- Growing by 500,000 a year, 3 million Americans currently have implants.
- 75% of people do not replace their toothbrushes as often as they should.
- 25% of children has never been to the dentist before they start kindergarten. As a result, more than 33% of U.S. schools find it necessary to refer students for treatment of dental problems.
- 78% of people have had at least one cavity by the age of 17.
- 18% of people indicate that they typically conceal their teeth in photos.
- Comprehensive dental exams are not as common as you would think. In fact, the average amount of time people wait between dental appointments is three years.
If you want to make sure that you are looking your best for the upcoming holidays, make sure that you take the time to visit your dentist, not only for a regular cleaning, but also for cosmetic procedures like tooth whitening services. If you want to be able to smile confidently for the upcoming family photos, a visit to the dentist can be a perfect solution.